Sunday 7 December 2014

F = Fashion

Hello there!

Camouflage nails today.  I have felt like hibernating this week, so this manicure helped me to blend in.  When I first saw this stamping image in my Cici & Sisi stamping set, I was disappointed...however,  as soon as I tried it, I changed my mind...I love the rough, rugged natural texture it produces.

Camouflage under halogen
I hope this works for the A-Z Weekly Blog challenge. Today is the letter F for "Fashion"  I am not fashionable, but I like camo...a lot, so I guess it is my fashion sense.  We post alphabetically on thursdays (except I'm late again!) . Hashtag #A2ZNails

And this is also my challenge manicure for Crumpets 52 Week Pick n Mix Challenge. This week, we have been given the prompts: "Camouflage" and "Dark green".
Hashtag #52wpnmc

Matte variation, Bottle shot

Gigantic Thumb!!!!
Sumeet (my friend from talesofcoffeelacquerandbeauty.blogspot.com) directed me to @With2L to try out her "Smoosh Attack" (http://instagram.com/p/sZlXl2KmiM).  Elle applies different coloured polish onto one stamper and smoooooshes it onto a second stamper before placing it onto the nail. I tried to show the technique here for you:
Tutorial for Smoosh Attack
Base colours:
  1. Rimmel Salon Pro, 331 Sage Green
  2. Barry M Aquarium Collection, AQNP4
  3. Revlon Colorstay, 290 Midnight 
  4. Beauty UK Nail Polish, Unnamed (Green)
    Stamp colour:  George (Asda) Molten Metals, No. 5 Party Animal
    Stamping plate:  Cici & Sisi, Set 01- Plate 02

    Smoosh Attack!!!!
    Close-up
    Tools of the Trade




    2 comments:

    1. The Smoosh attack technique looks great! I love the camo stamp too. It looks really interesting.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. ✽ ❤ Thank you so much Nadia!!! I love the Smoosh and it is really addictive!!!!! But I didn't even want to try this image, but now I've used it I love it!!!! ❤ ✽

        Delete