Tuesday 9 September 2014

Rainbow Trout

Today is day 9 of September is Stamping Month and the theme is "Fish".  I have recently worn a fish manicure that I was soooo proud of, see Fish Fingers for that.  So, for this challenge, I really wanted to try something equally awesome.

I knew double stamping could be interesting, and that if I chose a really subtle simple pattern, I could stamp over it and blend a few colours together to add more depth.  I tried out several colour combinations before settling on this purple and teal variation.  My major criticism is that  I use sooooooo much polish when mixing colours on the image plate like this, and it feels really horribly wasteful :(

Base Stripes:
Base colour alternate fingers: Rimmel 60 Seconds, 842 Too Cool to Tango  and Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine, Sugar Apple GNP 21
Base stamp colour:  Konad White

The Fish:
Stamp colours mixed on plate: Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine, Plum GNP 1 and Revlon Colorstay, 290 Midnight
Stamping plate: Moyou London Sailor Collection - 05

Under a tree
Halogen lighting
Indirect sunlight
Tools of the Trade
The stamped base stripes
Swim!



2 comments:

  1. These looks wonderful! I am genuinely inspired too, as I have some nice Sailor plates from Moyou and soft colours as well as bold. This mani is bringing me such joy just looking at it - I hope other folk liking it help make the polish 'waste' seem a bit more tolerable :) (It's not a waste if you ask me! It was bought for using, and is being put to such good effect here).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Debz, thank you. This was a particularly polish greedy manicure! If stamping goes well, I find it can be quite economical with polish. Sadly this is not often the case. However, it really does make me feel great to get positive feed back, I'm so happy you liked it. Xxxxx

      Delete