Sunday 31 August 2014

Rainbow Bows

With 99 votes the challenge for Sunday 31st August is:  Stamping over striped background.  I chose this option and so was thrilled it got voted in.  I have trouble stamping straight so I thought this would force me to get some more practice.  I think it turned out fairly well and I got to wear three manicures in the process of making this design.

Manicure One:  A totally gorgeous nude from Primark, just two coats required, it made me feel very elegant.
Manicure Two:  Stamped stripes, see my previous post for details (click here).  This pleased me so much, finally a grown up stamping manicure.
Manicure Three:  The bows, these turned the sophisticated stripes into a cute girly manicure. A few dots and matching colour rhinestones completed the look.

The bows are simple decals,  I list the polishes from left to right in the "so many polishes" photo posted below:
  • (Stamped) Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine, Plum GNP 1
  • (decal) Primark Nail Polish, Unnamed (lilac)
  • (Stamped) Primark Nail Polish, Unnamed (crimson)
  • (decal) Primark Nail Polish, Unnamed (pale peach)
  • (Stamped) Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine, Satsuma GNP 7
  • (decal) Beauty UK Nail Polish, Unnamed (yellow)
  • (Stamped) Revlon Colorstay, 290 Midnight
  • (decal) Primark Nail Polish, Unnamed (pale turquoise)
Stamping plate: Konad M71
Sparkles:  Moyou Nail Art Rhinestone Pack in 12 different colours <3
Dotting:  With stamping colour, requires more practise!!!!

I really really want to thank the beautiful Lucie  (find her videos here:  Loving Nails - Nail Art) for her fantastic tip of using a nail art brush to fill in decals instead of my usual dotting too chaos.  The brush worked so much better for me, I felt I had much more control over the amount of polish I added and where it went.

Pansy shot
So many polishes
In the soft autumn sun
Just bows before chaos!
Halogen lighting
The decals
Bottle swatch!
Indirect sunlight

No comments:

Post a Comment