Monday 11 August 2014

Hot Air Balloon Horror!

This could have been beautiful, the idea in my head certainly was!  I am posting this manicure because I will attempt to get it right next time.  I absolutely adore this plate, and love the idea of double stamping balloon decals over those stylized clouds.  I have tried to show off the fingers that worked best to illustrate what I mean.

The Sky
Base colour: Primark nail polish, unnamed (turquoise)
Stamp colour: Konad White
Stamping plate: Moyou London Mother Nature Collection - 06 (isolate the clouds only)


The Balloons
Decal colours (From left as shown in photo): Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine, Plum 348, Primark nail polish, unnamed (blue),Primark nail polish, unnamed (neon orange), Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine, Satsuma 317 and Rimmel 60 Seconds, 405 Rose Libertine
Stamp colour: Konad Black
Stamping plate: Moyou London Mother Nature Collection - 06


I also tried a small experiment on my pinky, where I chose two different balloons at the same size, and stamped black directly over orange to create coloured outlines.  This technique could work if you are consistent at precision stamping...which I am not!  But practise makes perfect, So I will no doubt try this technique again.

Here are the best of them!
Tools of the Trade
Lining up the decals
Swatching the base colour from primark
Indirect natural light

No comments:

Post a Comment