Sunday 17 August 2014

Bring Back the Sun

Here in England, it's definitely cooled off this week, but despite the chill in the air, I have been inspired by the AIS weekly challenge:  With 108 votes the Sunday challenge for Sunday Aug. 17th is:  Over a yellow base.

I really really wanted bumble bee nails with black stripes, but quickly realised, I am unable to stamp straight lines!  So instead, I chose a hot summery stamp using the versatile cheeky plate jumbo C.  I know that Barry M stamps well over lighter colours, so this was the perfect opportunity to show them off using a stamping gradient...I think they really compliment this fantastic yellow by rimmel.

Base colour: Rimmel 60 Seconds, 450 Get your shades on!
Stamp colours: The tips are Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine, 317 Satsuma blended into Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine, 407 Grapefruit
Stamping plate: Cheeky Jumbo Plate C


In direct sunlight
This reminds me of rolling hills or breaking waves
Halogen lighting
That YELLOW base!
Tools of the Trade
My only real disappointment with this mani is that I lined the stamp up with the tips of my nails.  Now it is finished, I feel it would have looked so much prettier if I had stamped from my half moons.  Then I could have avoided that strange yellow blank spot that is different on every nail.  Ah well.

Under a cloudy sky
Halogen lighting

No comments:

Post a Comment